[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: needing viewsclues - template/title troubles)

Barry Pederson bp@barryp.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:37:58 -0600

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 10:41  AM, Steve Alexander wrote:
>> Do you mean this?

>>                      sf zope.app.interfaces.formatting.IStringFormats">
>>
> URN's, by my understanding, don't have to be http://.... identifiers -
> they just have to be unique, right?  It's just in the spelling of the URN.

The XML Namespaces doc: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/ says

   An XML namespace is a collection of names, identified by a URI
   reference [RFC2396]...

RFC2396 states:

    The URI syntax is dependent upon the scheme.  In general, absolute
    URI are written as follows:

       <scheme>:<scheme-specific-part>

So I'd think that if you wanted to do this up as a proper-looking
namespace declaration, you'd maybe just have to agree on a scheme, and
could then use the python package name as the "scheme-specific-part".
Perhaps something like:

    zope3:zope.app.interfaces.dublincore.IZopeDublinCore

	Barry