[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: needing views clues - template/title troubles)

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:18:45 -0600

Jim Fulton wrote:
> To be honest, I prefer:
>
> api(context).title

I get the feeling that I've leapt in with too skimpy an understanding of
the issues, and of Zope 3.  In particular:

> If I was thinking in terms of adapters, I'd just create the adapter in
> the first place. using Itamar's unimplemented syntax:
>
>   IZopeDublinCore(context).title

This is where I came in, and I thought the 'tal:namespaces' proposal was
syntactic sugar for this in path expressions.

> But there *would* be a plethora of small apis if API === adapter.
> Adapters implement individual interfaces.  I think that that is too
> fine-grained for what we are talking about.

My weak understanding of Zope 3 interfaces and what you mean by an "API"
is probably at fault here.  I think of an interface as a collection of
related methods and properties, and an API as a collection of
interfaces.  Thus my "zope.DublinCore" ("<api>.<interface>") approach.

I'll step back and let Shane and Barry continue the debate :-)

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am