[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re:needingviewsclues- template/title troubles)

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:33:01 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:

>> So if we don't allow explicit namespaces, the proposed syntax will be
>> good enough for accessing APIs, but not quite right for accessing
>> arbitrary metadata.  I can live with that, but that's just not what I
>> intended.
>

> How about allowing both explicit namespaces, and groups of namespaces
> common to a project.
 >
 > (snip)

That's an interesting twist.  What Jim and I can't agree on, though, is
whether URI-based namespaces should be involved at all.  Jim is right
that if there are no URIs, you don't have to use URIs in ZCML either.
But I think URIs are important--see my reply to Tim.

Shane