[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:33:33 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> A good compromise is to set up default prefix to URI mappings in ZCML.

Suddenly I feel myself swimming over to Him's POV.
This reminds me a lot of Script (Python)'s ability to remap things like context
and container to other names. Sure, you can do it, but anyone who does is making
their code less understandable and tripping themselves up in the long run.
After a coupla years experience, I'm not even sure the bindings tab is
necessary. Think of the complexity that could have been saved by leaving it out...

Will this prefix mapping thing be the same?

> to "talns" attributes.  But that's a reality we already face in page
> templates, XML, and Python, and the usual solution is to use unenforced
> conventions, like never mapping the "tal" prefix to something other than
> the TAL URI.

...this particular paradgraph would suggest so :-S

Waaagh :-S

Chris