[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:24:13 +0200

> This reminds me a lot of Script (Python)'s ability to remap things like
> context and container to other names. Sure, you can do it, but anyone
> who does is making their code less understandable and tripping
> themselves up in the long run.
> After a coupla years experience, I'm not even sure the bindings tab is
> necessary. Think of the complexity that could have been saved by leaving
> it out...
>
> Will this prefix mapping thing be the same?

No.

The bindings of Scripts (python) are not extensible. For example, you
cannot  add 'members' as a binding for the CMF membership tool.
Its only function is to rename a fixed set of bindings.

In the case of these adapters and namespaces, we're talking about making
things arbitrarily extensible.

--
Steve Alexander