[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: needingviewsclues - template/title troubles)

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:43:06 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I'd like to hear more opinions though.

I think that there is enough interest in making path-segment
namespaces extensible via some sort of namespace declarations
that it is time for someone to work up a detailed proposal.
The proposal should describe the syntax and semantics for
defining namespaces for use in path segments.

We'll also add at least one default pre-defined namespace,
"zope" that is large and has the kinds of things you find in
Zope 2, like title, name, title_and_name, modification time, etc..
This will allow path expressions like:

   context/zope:title

I'm going to go ahead and implement this while y'all work out the
extensibility proposal.