[Zope3-dev] "here" vs "context" for templates in content space

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:04:52 -0500

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:55:46PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >so "here" and "context" would both be used, but would mean
> >different things?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean.

i mean that i'm used to (in z2)
"here" = the current context in a page template
"context" = the current context in a script
"container" = the container of the script or template

> (Changing "here" to "container" ...)

so are you saying this: "context" would be used in views to refer
to the thing being viewed, and "container" in content
to refer to the context of the content (since we generally
view content "in place")?  sounds ok to me.

> The variable "context" would be used in views to refer to the
> thing being viewed. The variable "container" might be used in
> templated pages to refer to the container containing the
> page. The variable "context" wouldn't be used for templated pages.

as a matter of convention, or policy?
sorry if i'm being dense - i haven't done much with z3 yet and
still not sure I grok how the death of implicit acquisition changes
things, or if that's relevant to what you're talking about.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com