[Zope3-dev] "here" vs "context" for templates in content space

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:39:15 -0500

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 04:55:46PM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:

> as a matter of convention, or policy?

Policy.

> sorry if i'm being dense

Not at all.

 >- i haven't done much with z3 yet and
> still not sure I grok how the death of implicit acquisition changes
> things,

Well, you are getting close, so you grok quite a bit.

 > or if that's relevant to what you're talking about.

Since templated pages (the things in content space) will normally
not be acquired, "here" doesn't make sense.

Furthermore, I want to say that ZPT in content space is
"dynamic content", not "software". If a template is used to render
many different objects, it's software, *not* content.
I postulate that dynamic content should never have need for a
"here" that's different than "container".

See my response to your message about templates in CMF skins.