[Zope3-dev] Zope3 "Lock Up" on Linux and other questions

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:31:41 GMT

Okay...

I answered my own question (which was:  Is Zope3 stable enough to put on a
semi-production box alongside a 2.4.3 server).  The answer is "No."

I was running Zope3 on Linux.  I had received a few errors when I added a folder
(called testFolder) and tried to access it.  Interestingly enough, adding
another folder seemed to resolve the behavior.  I tried to create an index_html
file and use DTML, but I got an error message when trying to preview that page.
 I left it alone for a while and she locked up my GUI.  Note, it didn't crash
Linux or the other Zope instance (the 2.4.3).  I was able to save my work on
2.4.3 and shut down cleanly.  It did lock up the GUI (KDE3), however.  So I'll
do it from a console from now on.

Long story short, where can I view a log file with error messages so that I can
start to diagnose the problem?

An another note, is there a way to get Jim Fulton's slide show downloaded so
that I can print it out?

Yet another question, where do I put the Zope products?  Should I put them in a
new zopeproducts folder (e.g. /usr/local/zope/Zope3/zopeproducts)?

Thanks in advance,

Ron