[Zope3-dev] Zope3 "Lock Up" on Linux and other questions

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 06 Jan 2003 04:47:08 -0500

On Friday 03 January 2003 13:31, complaw@hal-pc.org wrote:

> able to save my work on 2.4.3 and shut down cleanly.  It did lock up the
> GUI (KDE3), however.  So I'll do it from a console from now on.

Really, I always use KDE CVS while developing Zope 3 and I have absolutely
never experienced any problems. Heck, I usually even compile KDE while
developing Zope 3.

> Long story short, where can I view a log file with error messages so that I
> can start to diagnose the problem?

As the log.ini tells you, critical errors are logged in z3.log (all other
errors are ignored). But the most useful information goes to stdout.

> An another note, is there a way to get Jim Fulton's slide show downloaded
> so that I can print it out?

The easiest would be to use the CVS Web GUI. The link is:
http://cvs.zope.org/Docs/ZopeComponentArchitecture/PythonProgrammerTutorial/Chapter1/

BTW, you find more documentation at:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Documentation

> Yet another question, where do I put the Zope products?  Should I put them
> in a new zopeproducts folder (e.g. /usr/local/zope/Zope3/zopeproducts)?

the best would be ZOPE3ROOT/src/zopeproducts

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter