[Zope3-dev] Paths in ZCML

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:37:15 -0700

I agree.  As I stated in one of my posts, it's not at all an example of
how to really integrate reStructuredText into Zope 3, but rather it's
just a simple formatted document type.

I'd really really like to see reST integrated in, but my current code
is not a good starting point.  I'd like to see reST offered as a
Utility at least, along with (perhaps) a generic "Formatted Text"
service or set of utilities that would allow a FormattedPage content
type that queried for all of the available formatting options -
reStructuredText, StructuredText, plaintext, webtext (ala CMF
Collector), HTML, etc.

At the very least, however, we'd want to come up with a Zope 3 Writer /
Translator for reStructuredText that could:

- Generate content with or without the surrounding html/head/body tags.
- Return the `docinfo` part of a document as a data structure.
- Allow for setting which header level to start as when being used as
content (like how most StructuredText documents for Zope start with the
<h3> tag).

And perhaps a layered way of allowing configuration of reStructuredText
settings.

Work for the three bullets outlined above could be based off of the HTC
work done for reST:

http://docutils.sourceforge.net/sandbox/oliverr/ht/hthtml.py

I need to get something like that done for our internal Plone based
project artifact system, but I don't have a target time-frame for it
right now.