[Zope3-dev] Re: Paths in ZCML

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:34:29 -0500

> Let's hold off for a bit on doing that, since Jeffrey's work doubles as
> an example for contributed Zope 3 add-ons.  Right now, that's more
> important than the functionality of the product.
> Shane

Since one of the purposes of the alpha release is to get developers creating content
objects and components early, and ReSTDocument mentions its intent as a simplified
demonstration rather than a full-featured ReST component, perhaps Zope3 products that are
intended to be canonical or how-to examples could adopt a naming convention
(SimpleReSTPage, ReSTPageEx) and/or live in a specific namespace included with the CVS
distribution. ZCML makes it easy to deactivate them for production setups.

It would be nice to see something like an expanded form of the ZPT examples that come with
Zope2.x become part of the unit-tested Zope3 distribution. It probably would help an
eventual functional testing framework to have a standard unit-tested set of example
components to script and function-test against, as well.

I'm intensely interested in learning from proper examples of both as I get up to speed
with both unit-test programming and Zope3's component architecture.