[Zope3-dev] GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:51:31 +1100

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 06:25  AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I'm tempted to make the GadflyDA an add-on product.
>
> Does anybody care, one way or the other?

My personal belief would be to include Gadfly in Python:
	- Provides a reason for the DB API docs to be merged into the Python
	  library reference
	- Gives Python relational DB stuff out of the box ala Java, but with
       a working RDBMS as well ala nothing else I'm aware of.
     - Makes including GadflyDA in Zope 3 a trivial decision, since its
size
       would be negligable and the DA code itself is already ZPL.

But that wasn't the question you asked :-)

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/