[Zope3-dev] GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com, jim@zope.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:25:39 -0500

In Zope 2, we made the gadfly DA part of the standard distribution
to make it relatively easy to try out Zope's relational database
support. There are two downsides to including the gadfly DA:

- This introduced yet another license to deal with. (I'm not
   certain we dealt with it correctly in Zope 2.)

   BTW, the issue with licenses is that they insist on appearing in
   "supporting documentation", whatever that is.  This affects
   Zope's supporting documentation as well as supporting documentation
   of any software that uses Zope.

- It increased the size of the download by around 200K

I'm tempted to make the GadflyDA an add-on product.

Does anybody care, one way or the other?