[Zope3-dev] GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Stuart Bishop zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:06:42 +1100

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 12:19  PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>> My personal belief would be to include Gadfly in Python:
>> 	- Provides a reason for the DB API docs to be merged into the Python
>> 	  library reference
>> 	- Gives Python relational DB stuff out of the box ala Java, but with
>>        a working RDBMS as well ala nothing else I'm aware of.
>>      - Makes including GadflyDA in Zope 3 a trivial decision, since
>> its
>>        size would be negligable and the DA code itself is already ZPL.
>
> Would you be willing to find out (from c.l.py) how much interest there
> is in this?

I'll trawl the python-db mailing list first, as I've mentioned this
there
before and there may be a concensus or some points I've forgotten about.
I'll also talk to Richard Jones who produced the lastest iteration of
Gadfly in case he is aware of any issues.

--
Stuart Bishop <zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au>
http://shangri-la.dropbear.id.au/