[Zope3-dev] GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Rob Page rob.page@zope.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 22:16:27 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:
 > In Zope 2, we made the gadfly DA part of the standard
 > distribution to make it relatively easy to try out Zope's
 > relational database support. There are two downsides to
 > including the gadfly DA:

It seems to me that simplifying the eval of Zope's SQL
capabilities remains in the communities interest.

It also seems that we'll need to be able to deal with some
license variety in any case.  That said, it might be useful
to see what Aaron would think of releasing a version
(possibly different only in licensure) of Gadfly/kjbuckets
under the ZPL.

Rob Page                V: 540.361.1710
Zope Corporation        F: 703.995.0412