[Zope3-dev] GadflyDA in core? Or as add-on-product?

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 05:21:10 -0500

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 22:16, Rob Page wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>  > In Zope 2, we made the gadfly DA part of the standard
>  > distribution to make it relatively easy to try out Zope's
>  > relational database support. There are two downsides to
>  > including the gadfly DA:
>
> It seems to me that simplifying the eval of Zope's SQL
> capabilities remains in the communities interest.
>
> It also seems that we'll need to be able to deal with some
> license variety in any case.  That said, it might be useful
> to see what Aaron would think of releasing a version
> (possibly different only in licensure) of Gadfly/kjbuckets
> under the ZPL.

This is an interesting idea... We should definitely try this. As it was
mentioned on another subthread, we should also contact Richard Jones, since
he released the latest version.

Regards,
Stephan
--