[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3.org?

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:10:45 +0100

andy wrote:
> Some of the reasons for using Zope 2 for Zope.org would seem to be the
> same as are being proposed for Zope 3: a chance to use new technology,
> experiment and test. These are not the right reasons for launching a new
> site.

Truer words were never spoken.

Until we can prove to be good parents for zope.org and the dogbowl, we
shouldn't launch any new *production* sites.  Particularly with
experimental software.

I'd like to find out some way to use Zope 3 in a production setting, but
it doesn't seem realistic without a far different operational approach
than the current sites.

I'm also curious: there's all this energy for a zope3.org, why isn't it
being directed at zope.org?  Like a couple of people in this thread, I
worry that zope.org is the neglected cousin that nobody wants to invite
to family functions. :^)

--Paul