[Zope3-dev] ftp code has no unit tests, so moving to a branch

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 11:15:21 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:

>  >

>> There are nearly a dozen tests in
>> src/zope/server/ftp/tests/test_ftpserver.py.  Do they not test the
>> failures you saw?  Can you expand them to test the broken functionality?
>

> That's the FTP server code. I haven't found any bugs there recently. I
> have been glad of the tests there.

Yeah, they've actually helped uncover minor bugs in Python and Windows. :-)

> The part of the Zope 3 FTP code that has no unit tests is under
> zope/app/vfs. This is the "virtual file system views" code that says how
> content is presented via FTP.

Hmm, that part is indeed missing tests.  I wouldn't object to the
temporary removal of zope/app/vfs.

Shane