[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Questions

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1042565313.afc671@bitdance.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:28:31 -0500

"Mark McEahern" <marklists@mceahern.com> writes:
>Thanks for the explanation, Jim!  I just have one minor question.  In the
>above description, does Zope 3 do a diff between your update and the new
>view (or between the original view and the new view) to facilitate the
>update?  I realize the diff may not help if the two are radically different,
>but in the case you mentioned, a new field, I can at least imagine the patch
>being displayed, reviewed, and applied all with help from the framework.

Actually, the most useful diff is between the new version of the
view and the old version of the view....if you changed the view,
you don't really need to see your own changes, you want to see what
the author of the view changed between versions, so you can apply
the same update to your own version.

--RDM