[Zope3-dev] IMPORTANT RFS: Through the Web Site Development

Luciano Ramalho lgsr@uol.com.br
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:15:05 -0300

On segunda-feira, jan 13, 2003, at 15:33 America/Sao_Paulo, Jim Fulton
wrote:

> That is a wild guess. I wish I knew what the real numbers were.

 From the wild-guess-dept:

I know personally about 50 people who make a living working with Zope
full time in Brazil. No more than 5 of them have ever written a Zope
product of their own. Many have tried to use ZClasses, with varying
degrees of success.

I also know a much larger community who uses Zope, but not exclusively,
and none of them would ever take the time to learn enough Zope to
develop a product, although some have played with ZClasses. All of them
have ASP or PHP experience that they can use with Zope. For them, ZPT
is worse than DTML, because ZPT forces them to use more Python, and
they still think that learning Python is difficult or not worthwhile,
and they have the terrible habit of embedding business logic in their
pages.

We have a mission to bring them into the light, but first we must go
and talk to them. Zope3-dev is not the right forum.

--
Luciano