[Zope3-dev] Knowing our users

Luciano Ramalho lgsr@uol.com.br
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:59:30 -0300

I propose that we make a basic poll with our user communities around
the world to learn more about them.

Here are some questions I just asked at a Brazilian Zope newsgroup:

- how long have you been using Zope?

- how many hours/month do you work with Zope?

- are your templates written mostly in DTML or ZPT?

- do you write Scripts (Python) through the Web (or using External
Editor)?

- do you write External methods?

- have you installed 3rd party Zope Prodcts? Which ones?

- have you developed your own Product using ZClasses?

- have you developed your own Product using Python on the filesystem?

- do you work with other web development systems such as ASP, PHP, JSP,
Servlets? Which ones?

The questions above I just sent to a newsgroup. I'd like to improve the
questionnaire and post it on the web somewhere, to gather real stats
about the user base.

What else could we ask?

Jim Fulton has already suggested that we show actor descritions and ask
our users which roles they play.

[ ]s
Luciano