[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Logo Proposal

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:29:31 +0100

On Tuesday, Jan 14, 2003, at 16:40 Europe/Paris, Gus Gollings wrote:

> I have been working on a modification to the existing Zope logo for
> Zope3 - a simple exercise of appending a '3'.
>
> In doing this work, I have noticed that since 1999 the 'ope' component
> of the Zope logo has started to get closer in size to the 'Z'
> component, making the whole logo look like it is 'shouting' in
> uppercase. This bothers me, as the Zope logo in its original form is
> really quite elegant.

I agree with the analysis and your conclusion.  The creeping growth
makes it seem like we call it ZOPE, but we all call it Zope.

> I propose that the Zope3 logo return to the original proportions. How
> do you all feel about this issue?

I think Zope 3 is a good place to make such a shift.  Plus, if you and
Jan are interested in writing up a "corporate standards" style guide
and managing it, gee, nobody else is doing it so +1000. :^)

--Paul