[Zope3-dev] Re: IMPORTANT RFS: Through the Web Site Development

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:28:00 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Jon Whitener wrote:
>> Is there no middle-ground, or hybrid, between these two things?
>

> Well, actually, there is.  We will provide the ability to define new
> content
> types with a GUI that lets you define a schema for the content type and
> then
> have a module generated for you. The module will contain the shema
> definition
> and the definition of a class that defines the schema.

And unless they want to change the behavior, they can ignore the module,
right?  In fact, they might never even know of such a concept, unless
they need to.

Is this a correct paraphrasing?

> You will be able to define views for the class solely with templates, if
> you wish.

This is plenty.  In fact, I'll wager that this is the sole reason
ZClasses are initially interesting to people.  In fact, this comes back
to Shane's top reply in this thread.

I declare universal happiness. :^)

--Paul