[Zope3-dev] Re: IMPORTANT RFS: Through the Web Site Development

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:46:58 +0200

Paul Everitt wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Well, actually, there is.  We will provide the ability to define
>> new content types with a GUI that lets you define a schema for the
>> content type and then have a module generated for you. The module
>> will contain the shema definition and the definition of a class
>> that defines the schema.
>

> And unless they want to change the behavior, they can ignore the
> module, right?  In fact, they might never even know of such a
> concept, unless they need to.

Yes. The module is there, to be used as the basis of a TTW module proper
python product thing.

But, if you don't want to look at the module, well fine. You can
continue to use the TTW tools to add and remove and change the fields of
your TTW schema.

This is the work that Martijn Faasen and I started at the Vilnius sprint
in December. I expect to be finishing the work with Albert from
Codeworks over the coming weeks.

Unfortunately, both Albert and I have commercial work to do right now,
so I don't know exactly which "coming week" it will be.

--
Steve Alexander