[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Packages vs Python Packages

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:11:59 +0200

Chris Withers wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> belongs to.  Then you can just export that package and import it
>> elsewhere.  (We don't have to decide on a package serialization format
>> for Zope 3.0, but it could be a tarball with ZCML and supporting files.)
>

> Are Zope 3 Packages and Python Packages the same thing?

I don't know what a "Zope 3 package" is.

A Persistent Package (as used in Zope 3) is not the same as a Python
Package.

> If not, please can we change the name NOW?

Both do the job of "packaging".

"Package" is a pretty good name for both things.

--
Steve Alexander