[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Packages vs Python Packages

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:41:02 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:
>> Are Zope 3 Packages and Python Packages the same thing?
>
> I don't know what a "Zope 3 package" is.
>
> A Persistent Package (as used in Zope 3) is not the same as a Python
> Package.

That sounds liek whatan outside oberver might refer to as a 'Zope 3 packacge' ;-)

>> If not, please can we change the name NOW?
>
> Both do the job of "packaging".
>
> "Package" is a pretty good name for both things.

Ugh! Is it only me who see's the potential for huge amounts of unnecessary
confusion?! Python got Package first, why not call the Zope 3 things 'bundles'.
I'm open to 'bale', 'crate' or even 'parcel' too ;-)
http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=package

cheers,

Chris