[Zope3-dev] a simple product

sean.bowman@acm.org sean.bowman@acm.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 18:37:33 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I am working on a (very) simple Zope3 product to get a feel for things.
Ultimately I'd like to present it as an example and also as a basis for
helping to write some end user developer documentation.  The code is
available at http://www.rootnode.com/Members/rsbowman/blogfolder.tgz.

The motivation for the product is a blog type application.  Right now, I
have added a view to the standard Folder type which displays its subitems
that implement IBlogEntry.  The idea is to illustrate

 * creating new content types from existing ones a la the CMF, and

 * the fact that any object implementing IBlogEntry can be displayed by
   the "blog."

(I think both of these things are very, very cool.)

The next step is to index entries.  I'm not sure exactly how to do
this, though.  I guess the Event/HubIds/Relationship service is the way to
go, but I'm not clear how all that works.  The best I can think of is to
register a component to listen to ObjectHub events and have it keep a map
of (for example) dates to hub ids.  Is this how I'm supposed to use the
HubIds service?

In general, am I heading in the right direction as far as a Zope3-ish
architecture for this sort of application goes?

Again, I'd love to create some documentation from what I learn.  Thanks
for the hard work, Zope3 looks to be the coolest thing since, well, Zope2!

Sean