[Zope3-dev] a simple product

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:17:02 +0200

> The next step is to index entries.  I'm not sure exactly how to do
> this, though.  I guess the Event/HubIds/Relationship service is the way to
> go, but I'm not clear how all that works.  The best I can think of is to
> register a component to listen to ObjectHub events and have it keep a map
> of (for example) dates to hub ids.  Is this how I'm supposed to use the
> HubIds service?

There already is a text index component. However, it is not yet
documented how to use it.

If you need to index dates, you'll want to use a Field Index for that.
This needs to be ported from Zope 2. Perhaps you'd like to port the
FieldIndex from Zope 2 to Zope 3? I can give you help and advice if you
want to do this.

You'll probably want to use the Queries service for your product. This
is working in my sand-box, but I need some more time to finish the
unit-tests before I check it in. I also need to write documentation for it.

--
Steve Alexander