[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Packages vs Python Packages

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:20:55 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> "Bundle" might be OK, but it weakens the meaning of the "open" and
> "closed" modifiers.  You open a closed package to make changes to it,
> then close it again to avoid making accidental changes.  Opening a
> closed bundle doesn't have the same ring.  Maybe that's OK anyway.

Well, opening and closing bundles works for me. Think of tying up firewood with
string :-)

> Maybe "wrap" the bundle?  Oops, that might conflict with context and
> security wrappers.

Collection is the other word which sprung to mind today.

In any case, I'm worried that this thread appears to have gone cold with the
old, confusing, name still in place. What's the ebst way to rectify this?

cheers,

Chris