[Zope3-dev] Package is the wrong name for the things I called "Zope Packages".

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:59:33 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> seb bacon wrote:

> Since the only difference in the implementation between
> distribution-type and development-type is a flag indicating whether the
> software can be changed, and the user can toggle that flag at any time,
> I would want the flag to be reflected in the names as an adjective that
> infers minor change.  Hence open/closed bundle.

But the model you suggest may not be very useful. I'm pretty sure that this
shouldn't be such a lightweight operation. In any case, I would not assume
it is at this point.