[Zope3-dev] Downstream Users making changes.

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:38:59 +0200

>> If you *do* make it easier to modify "closed"
>> software, then you *must* make resolving conflicting changes easier than
>> I foresee us having resources to tackle in the near term.
>
> I think this will be needed anyway. If an end user of Swishdot
> customizes a template or script and I, as Swishdot author, also change
> that template or script for the next release, then they need to know
> that when they install the new version. It would also be nice if we
> could provide something to help them resolve the conflicting changes.

They don't need to mess with Swishdot in order to change a template or a
script. They can do that in their own Zope Package / workspace /
whatever, and configure things so that their changes override the ones
caused by installing Swishdot.

--
Steve Alexander