[Zope3-dev] what is schema package status?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:29:49 +0200

>> The IField doc string is correct -- for now, we're using field.bind()
>> to solve that problem.
>
> I'm encountering a similar problem elsewhere.  It's knotty.

You can use a metaclass to solve it, if you're allowed to use metaclasses.
In Zope 3, we're not allowed to insist that 3rd party code uses a
particular metaclass.

>> The issues about the API of the zope.interface package are currently
>> being discussed. I recently made a proposal about this, and I think
>> Jim is working on a refinement of that proposal.
>
> I saw your (very nice) interface package proposal but I saw no reference
> to the schema package.  Did I miss something else important?

There is no reference to schema in there.

I was refering to the question in src/zope/schema/readme.stx:

   Shouldn't the implements function on the interface package
   be renamed getImplements?

I expect the whole API to the interfaces package will be rethought soon,
as it is a bit of a mess right now.

Note that the question in src/zope/schema/readme.stx about whether
schema and interfaces should be merged is obselete, as it was written
when the interfaces package was still in lib/python/Interface.

Now, both zope.schema and zope.interface are under the 'zope' package.

--
Steve Alexander