[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Roadmap thoughts

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:11:47 +0000

> Is there some way to measure Zope 2 uptake?  I'm having trouble seeing
> evidence of either gain or loss of mindshare.

I don't think so.  It is apocryphal.  But it is borne out my our
business experience over the last 12 months (enquiries about our Zope
consulting going up as a proportion of our total sales leads), and I
have heard similar stories on the grapevine.  Hardly scientific, but
it's all I have to go on.

>                                        ...AFAIK, the stable release of
> Zope 3.0 will correctly run the majority of Zope 2 products unmodified.

Good :)  But the minority is the rub...

seb