[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 branding

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:38:35 +0100

robert boulanger wrote:
> Q: "When will Zope 3 arrive"
> A: "Not before spring 2004"
>
> And you will see that all will calm down again. Starting PR and marketing for
> Z3 now, would have exactly the negative effect you are complaining about

This rather conflicts with the open source PR/marketing that is necessary
for Zope 3 to arrive at all. "Zope 3 is really cool, it's able to do
X & Y and will be able to do Z" "Wow, I'll try it out and play with it!"

So this is a situation we'll just have to juggle through diplomatically.
There are various people in the zope community who are able to do it,
let's support that effort. Right now I agree that some "don't worry about
Zope 3, it's in good hands" information to come out to the non-Zope 3
developers would be a good thing.

Regards,

Martijn