[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 branding

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:21:04 -0800

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:56:44PM +0100, robert boulanger wrote:
(much about plone snipped)

I don't want the community to be left with lingering disconent
if other possible solutions are ignored.  For example,
both Nuxeo CPS and Silva have been mentioned.
So I'm trying to collect all valid proposals here:

http://plone.org/Members/slinkp/CMF_Wiki.2003-01-25.3013/FrontPage

Somebody added some nice information on CPS yesterday.
I hope someone will do the same for Silva.

> Guido already mentioned that the community should decide. I think that's ok.
> But I think, the party which pays for all this should also do some decisions.
> If there should be a voting, it shouldn't be a simple yes/no voting, it should
> be at least a form with several (clickable) questions. This because it will
> make voters thinking, instead only to click one button and over, and it gives
> the chance to get out some trends, preferences and so on from the community.

This is also discussable on my wiki:
http://plone.org/Members/slinkp/CMF_Wiki.2003-01-25.3013/CommunityDecisionProcess

some good points have been raised there, please read the discussion
and contribute.

> I CC'd again the two mailing lists, since you included zope3-dev.
> Nevertheless, I think, we should keep the lists clean from this discussion and
> move it over to zope-web or whatever.

Guido originally asked that the "plone issue" not
be discussed on zope-web:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2003-January/002261.html

--

Paul Winkler