[Zope3-dev] Publishing the Zope 3 Developers Cookbook

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:15:16 -0400

Hello everyone,

last month I met Shelley Johnston, Acquisitions Editor for Sams Publishing, at
OSCOM 3. Since she was really interested in a Zope 3 book, I wrote up a
complete proposal, which passed the Editorial Board last week, which means
that I will sign the contract later this week. Jim and Steve will be the
official technical editors to ensure the correctness of the content.

Furthermore, like the first Zope book, this book will also be licensed under a
free content license, specifically the Creative Commons Attribution License
1.0. (Note that I chose this license since opencontent.org shut down today.)

I still want to encourage community contributions and will therefore leave all
of the book's content in the Zope Wiki, so that people can easily contribute
to it. Everyone will be credited in the typical Open Source fashion in the
online version as well as in the paper copy!

The time schedule of the book is still a little bit shaky, but should take
form in the next days. One option would be to deliver the complete manuscript
on January 9th, 2004, so that the book would be on the shelves in late March,
just in time for the Zope 3.0 release.

If you have questions or concerns about this, please feel free to send me an
E-mail.

Regards,
Stephan
--