[Zope3-dev] Re: Object/Hub registration (was Indexing broken?)

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:50:37 -0500

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I was into this yesterday and noticed that there are some hefty XXXs
>> in the Registration code -- e.g. "A stupid registration thingie" and
>> "This is really just an example".
>=20
> Right. This was just a quick and dirty thing put together to
> test text indexes.

What's missing from this implementation? Or are you planning on moving
the registration logic into the object hub itself?

>> what's the management strategy for getting objects into the Hub?
>=20
> That's an open question.  I suspect that the best strategy for now is
> to add all added objects to the hub.  I *think* that there will be
> cases where we don't need this, but I think it's best to call YAGNI
> on that for now.

Assuming Registration is going to be around a while, would it make sense
to automatically add/enable it when an object hub is created?

 -- Garrett