[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:13:52 -0400

On Monday 14 July 2003 03:36, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> One option would be to keep related application/interface/presentation
> files in same directories and differentiaote by name, ie. MyApp.FooApp,
> MyApp.FooIface, MyApp.FooRepr

I would really not like this, I think. Then I prefer the current method. I
think this method removes us too far from other naming conventions, like the
one in Java for example.

Now that I think about it some more, I really would like to have interfaces
and browser back into the code tree. I think the separation is useless. I
have had not one experience yet, where I have not looked at code, ifaces and
views at the same time. When writing views you will have to look at the code
eventually. This might not be ideal, but I found myself doing it all the
time. Also, I think we do not expect people to edit the actual FS code that
much, since development will happen in the ZODB anyways.

So, going back (for example) to

zope.app.workflow
zope.app.workflow.browser
zope.app.workflow.interfaces