[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
14 Jul 2003 10:36:54 +0300

Stephan Richter kirjutas E, 14.07.2003 kell 04:00:
> On Sunday 13 July 2003 18:35, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > Everbody else I talk to complains about the separation of presentation,
> > interfaces, and application code.  Typically, people who work on
> > application, interface, and presentation code have to work on
> > three areas of the tree.  Often people are forced to edit three
> > files with the same name and maintain two related configuration files.
>
> I was probably one of the main "complainers" about the last reason (same file
> name).
>
> > What do folks think about this?  Would people like to see a change?
> > Suggestions?
>
> I got used to it. Really, the flatter tree versus different file names are
> equal tradeoffs for me, so any way is fine. I just cannot come up with
> something better.

One option would be to keep related application/interface/presentation
files in same directories and differentiaote by name, ie. MyApp.FooApp,
MyApp.FooIface, MyApp.FooRepr

you would still be editing 3 files, but at least they are all in the
same place, and the tree too is even shallower ;)

It would also be (arguably) more intuitive.

Hannu