[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 07:47:22 -0400

On Monday 14 July 2003 07:15, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> There's a tradeoff in programming; you can get the job done in a nice
> pluggable reusable way, or you can get the job done *quickly*. Zope 3
> is very good at the former, but it should improve the latter a lot.
> Often it has been said that various ZMI features will solve this,
> and I'm sure they will help, but the same must the case from Python.

So far, in writing two bigger products, I experienced that pluggable is
actually quick. Once you have setup your base content object, pluggable code
is a much better way of extending. I especially noticed this in the cookbook
recipes (Content Components Section), where I never had to refer to previous
recipes, since we only add functionality (with exception of I18n, which in
natively has to edit the code itself).

Regards,
Stephan
--