[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:07:10 -0400

On Monday 14 July 2003 07:15, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> We need to focus not just on the files and the hierarchies but on what's in
> the files. ZCML statements with 7 or more parameters for instance are just
> too much. I'd prefer say, three or four. I don't know how that would be
> accomplished, but currently the amount of copy & paste that is going on is
> just too high. I should be able to fit it in my brain better. Complicated
> hierarchies are part of the problem, but just part of it.

I disagree. We made more compact directives to amke things easier. At the
beginning we had directives that did only ones thing, but writing mnay
directives became soon cumbersome, so we put several together. I think this
was a **major** improvement (see the browser:pages and browser:page directive
as example). If directives are documented well, I do not mind them having
many options.

Regards,
Stephan
--