[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:25:49 -0400

On Monday 14 July 2003 09:02, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> Stephan Richter writes:
> =A0> zope.app.workflow
> =A0> zope.app.workflow.browser
> =A0> zope.app.workflow.interfaces
>
> This would be substantially better for most things, I think. =A0Having
> three places to look usually ends up feeling silly, though I
> understand the goal. =A0The biggest reason to keep the three aspects
> separate is to make sure we think through things, and think about
> pluggability; using three modules in one package should be sufficient
> for that goal, especially if examples are done in the same way, and we
> always refer to the modules as the implementation, presentation, and
> interface modules of the package (maybe the names should be different,
> but they should always be the same).

BTW, I am not saying browser and interfaces should be always modules; in fa=
ct=20
browser should be always a package. The NewsSite code mixes browser and=20
content stuff and it really sucks having both types of directives in the sa=
me=20
configure file. I really like having the browser configuration in a separat=
e=20
file.

Regards,
Stephan