[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:46:37 -0400

Stephan Richter writes:
 > BTW, I am not saying browser and interfaces should be always
 > modules; in fact browser should be always a package. The NewsSite

>From the parent layer, there's not much difference between a package
and a module.  A package can be a perfectly fine implementation of a
module.  ;-)

I'm not sure I agree that the browser "thing" should always be a
package, but I don't strongly disagree; in practice, it makes more
sense than not to make it a package.

 > code mixes browser and content stuff and it really sucks having
 > both types of directives in the same configure file. I really like
 > having the browser configuration in a separate file.

Yes.  That doesn't require an extra layer of packaging, though; this
would be sufficient:

<!-- content stuff -->
<include package="my.package" />

<!-- view stuff -->
<include package="my.package" file="browser.zcml" />

That doesn't bother me, though it would be better if the use of an
alternate filename for browser support were consistent.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation