[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:22:24 -0500

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Monday 14 July 2003 16:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> I'm quite open to this proposal and would be curious to here what
>> other people think.
>=20
> YAGNI for the limitations you state in your E-mail. If someone is not
> using schemas for their content objects, they are not understanding
> the framework. ;-) Isn't it beautiful not to write tedious HTML forms

I think this is the right answer. If a developer wants to developer
simple and iteratively, he's best off using schemas. Subsequent tweaks,
improvements, etc. can be made with minor changes to schemas, fields,
widgets and add/edit/display view subclasses.

If there's an initiative to simply the developer's life, it's probably
best directed toward improving the schema framework, IMO.

 -- Garrett