[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:54:25 -0400

At 04:22 PM 7/14/03 -0500, Garrett Smith wrote:
>Stephan Richter wrote:
> > On Monday 14 July 2003 16:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >> I'm quite open to this proposal and would be curious to here what
> >> other people think.
> >
> > YAGNI for the limitations you state in your E-mail. If someone is not
> > using schemas for their content objects, they are not understanding
> > the framework. ;-) Isn't it beautiful not to write tedious HTML forms

If I have a corporate design department that is going to write the "tedious
HTML forms", this isn't an issue.  Further, if that design department
requires that I use precisely their HTML, altered not one iota, it's not
clear that having the schema and generated HTML is a benefit.

>I think this is the right answer. If a developer wants to developer
>simple and iteratively, he's best off using schemas. Subsequent tweaks,
>improvements, etc. can be made with minor changes to schemas, fields,
>widgets and add/edit/display view subclasses.

Maybe I'm confused, but if I already have an *existing* class, and wish to
publish it, why should I have to create a schema for it?