[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Source organization

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:21:05 -0400

On Monday 14 July 2003 17:44, Albertas Agejevas wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:25:49AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> > BTW, I am not saying browser and interfaces should be always
> > modules; in fact browser should be always a package. The NewsSite
> > code mixes browser and content stuff and it really sucks having both
> > types of directives in the same configure file. I really like having
> > the browser configuration in a separate file.
>
> What do you think of <include file=3D"browser.zcml"/> ? =A0I think it
> generally eliminates the need of a browser package as opposed to
> module.

I like the 'browser.zcml' idea better, since this would be one configure wi=
th=20
a different name, which would increase my productivity. But I still want to=
=20
make the browser a package, since I usually want to drop all my page=20
templates in it and it keeps my views separated from my true logic, which=20
helps me subconsiously to do the right thing concerning this separation.

> On the whole, I feel that though the current triple hierarchy is
> somewhat quirky, it's not worth doing another Namegeddon.

It would not be as big and I think it would be at least worth the switch to=
=20
having the interfaces and browser in the package itself. I would say that t=
he=20
current structure slows me 5% down (which I consider a lot for a single=20
quirk).

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20