[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Peter Simmons pete@bcmpweb.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:18:39 +1000

Hi Phillip.

> If I have a corporate design department that is going to write the
> "tedious HTML forms", this isn't an issue.  Further, if that design
> department requires that I use precisely their HTML, altered not one
> iota, it's not clear that having the schema and generated HTML is a
> benefit.

You really should be able to convice them to just do a css and not the
HTML. At least most of the time. It will save them effort.

> Maybe I'm confused, but if I already have an *existing* class, and
> wish to publish it, why should I have to create a schema for it?

So you don't need to build simple HTML add/edit forms. But otherwise you
still need at least a view, often these are different so that you can
associate different permissions with different parts easily. Schemas
provide short cuts for this also, takes a few hunderd lines of code and
makes it into about 20 lines.

At least that's what I got from Jim's tutorial at the sprint. Someone
else may have a lot more reasons.

Cheers,
Pete