[Zope3-dev] Re: Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 10:54:48 -0400

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 10:46, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> However, wouldn't it be sufficient to start with a marker interface?

I wanted to suggest the same. This is how I do it. I develop the interface =
as=20
I develop the code.

> Here's one way we might spell it:
>

> class IThingamabob(Interface):
> =A0 =A0 =A0"""TBD"""
>
> class Thingamabob:
> =A0 =A0 =A0implements(IThingamabob)
>

> In this case, I think it would be best to break the "interfaces.py"
> convention and put the interface next to the class.

Not really, because as soon as you start, you are going to have an idea abo=
ut=20
some of the methods and properties you are going to need, so you would move=
=20
it to the correct place almost right away.

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter