[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes rather than interfaces.

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:12:32 -0400

Steve Alexander wrote:

>>> But really, I'm not sure this should matter, because nonce interfaces
>>> are for using for that exact class.
>>> One danger is that this feature will be abused as the most common way
>>> to write any kind of interface...
>>

>> Suppose we could register a view for a class. Further, suppose that a
>> global view for a class didn't
>

> Didn't ?

Sorry, I got interruptede and forgot that I was in mid sentance.

Suppose we could register a view for a class. Further, suppose that a
global view for a class didn't have to a security proxy to get to class
attributes.

>> What would be the advantage of the nonce things over just using the
>> class?
>

> Only that you can migrate slowly to using schema by specifying just the
> fields you require.
>
> If it were possible to create views directly for a class, then there
> would be little need for nonce interfaces.

OK.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org